UAN is basically an acronym for Universal Account Number which is an account number exclusively used for access to your provident fund. Your provident fund is your benefit scheme and by logging in with your UAN number, you can gain access to your provident fund benefits.
The Universal Account Number is exclusive to every individual in order to gain access to their provident fund benefits and is provided by the Employees Provident fund Organisation (EPFO). EPFO is an organisation that looks after the requirements of its employees, especially providing them with their provident fund benefits.
Provident fund is a lump sum amount that has been generated during your retirement after you have served the company for a particular period of time. This time limit is defined by the guidelines of the company, business or enterprise that you are providing your services for.
It is imperative for all retiring employees to gain access to their provident fun in a timely and orderly fashion. The Employees Provident Fund Organisation safeguards the interest of the employees once they automatically fall into the eligibility criteria.
The eligibility criteria for the EFPO to acknowledge you as their member is for you to be a full time working employee, a student, unemployed individuals, etc., Basically, anyone who has the rights to availing a provident fund, will be recognized.
However, first preference is given to the ones who contribute to the generation of provident fund through their own provident fund account. They are the ones who avail all the money.
Once you are recognized as a provident fund employee, you will be given a Membership ID by the EFPO which you can use later to avail your benefits or check any other provident fund requirements. This ID or number is the UAN number or the Universal Account Number.
Here is a step by step detailed process on how to access the UAN login id and use it to avail your provident fund benefits:-
- Visit URL: – The first step to avail your provident fund benefits is to visit the official site for the UAN login. This site is www.epdindia.com . The first thing you need to do is click on this link and open it from your Google account.
- Further link: – After following the first step, you will come across another link which is present on the same page. This is a follow up link to continue the process.
- Details Entry: – After opening up this follow up link, you will come across a form requesting you for your personal information. Once you have carefully filled out all the necessary information, you will be asked to provide your member ID or Universal Account Number and password which has already been provided to you by the EFPO. Enter the details and proceed.
- KYC: – Most probably you will be asked to fill out your KYC form to link your account with your bank or phone number. All you need to do is check out all the KYC form accepting stores near you and fill out the forms requested and the necessary link will be made. Be sure to carry your aadhar card with you when you go.
- Confirmation: – A confirmation pin will be sent to your registered mobile number. After this you will have to enter your ID and password again to finally reach your personalised provident fund benefits page.
This detailed guide will hopefully help you get all your provident fund benefits which might be a long process otherwise. Register and avail you benefits today.