10 best hosting control panel functions in SeekaHost.app for bloggers. When I first started scribbling this review down, I had no idea what I was going to write about.
I was just genuinely impressed with the control panel features SeekaHost.app offered. Although, I wasn’t sure (still am not) if a review of the same can be published.
Well, if you’re a blogger and you use WordPress, this article sure has a few new things for you.
Even if you don’t own a blog yet, you can create one 100% free by the end of this piece. Yes, you never need to pay and there aren’t any other strings attached either.
- 1 What are hosting control panel functions?
- 2 1. No cPanel, simpler dashboard
- 3 2. One-click, simplified WordPress installation
- 4 3. Optional advanced customisations
- 5 4. Extremely easy hosting control panel
- 6 5. FREE and one-click SSL + backups
- 7 6. 100% free migrations
- 8 7. Equally easy domain control panel
- 9 8. In-built DDoS and malware protection
- 10 9. SEO-friendly servers
- 11 10. FAQ & knowledgebase for understanding the control panel.
- 12 Forever free account + 7-day free trial
- 13 Signing off- 10 Best Hosting Control Panel functions in SeekaHost.app for bloggers
What are hosting control panel functions?
SeekaHost.app doesn’t use cPanel.
They give you a custom SeekaHost panel. If you ask me, it’s easier, simpler and better. As a blogger, you need not focus on the technicalities and can rather focus on your blog.
Obviously, you do not need to agree.
In this review, I’ll discuss how this control panel is different & what features it offers. You can then decide if these SeekaHost control panel features are worth your time.
1. No cPanel, simpler dashboard
cPanel is great, no doubt. I’ve used cPanel for over 10 years now. However, let’s be honest, it has a lot of clutter.
How many features do you actually use on the cPanel? I doubt not many. If you’re a blogger, you install WordPress, activate your SSL and probably never touch your panel again.
What SeekaHost did was, they deleted everything that was “clutter” and presented us with this:
I call this the “welcome dashboard”, “default dashboard”, “primary dashboard”. You’ll always see this when you login to your SeekaHost account.
From here, you can go to the other settings and options for your account, including your hosting control panel.
Let’s first look at the primary options you get on this dashboard?
- Dashboard: This is a button that will bring you back to the primary dashboard (the first page) on your SH account.
- Domain names: You can register new domains or access your registered domains here.
- Websites & blogs: Lets you access all the different servers you’ve purchased.
- Email hosting: Lets you purchase e-mail hosting services.
- Blog category: You can add all your blogs to different categories for better organization.
- Hosting plans: This is where you purchase the different available servers from SeekaHost.
- Billing: you can manage your subscriptions, invoices, trials and refunds here.
- Support: This is where you can create tickets and get your questions answered.
The 4 options at the top let you access everything you’ve registered so far.
You can click on PBN blogs/ WordPress sites/ Domain to directly reach all the servers you’ve setup in each of these categories. The “tracking sites” is an option that lets you track specific domains for progress and changes.
In a nutshell, it’s pretty easy to navigate and understand, isn’t it?
2. One-click, simplified WordPress installation
For a WordPress site, installing WordPress is the most important task, isn’t it?
SeekaHost’s control panel makes this a one-click process.
This is the page that lets you install WordPress on SeekaHost:
The only “mandatory” details are:
- Your domain name
- Blog title.
I don’t see any other data being demanded, do you?
3. Optional advanced customisations
So, if you install WordPress in a single click, does that mean it doesn’t let you choose the username and password?
Yes, that’s right. You do not have to worry about the username and/or the password. These are auto-generated.
They’re displayed on your hosting control panel (on the “account manage” page), as well as sent to your e-mails.
You can not only view your login credentials here, but also change them from this page. Again, simple, isn’t it?
In my opinion, that makes the job easier for us. I’d like to know your opinion though.
That doesn’t mean you can not choose anything for your WordPress site.
If you click on the “WordPress settings (Optional)+” link, it reveals a advanced installation settings.
You get to change your installation e-mail as well as choose a custom theme and plugins.
There aren’t many theme options. You get all the default WordPress themes (Twenty Fourteen, Twenty Fifteen etc.) and one additional theme- Astra.
Either way, the ability to install dozens of plugins and a theme while installing WordPress? Impressive (and easy), right?
4. Extremely easy hosting control panel
What we discussed earlier was just the “Dashboard”, right?
How would you actually manage your website on SeekaHost? This is the control panel you get for each of your websites:
Most of the centre-screen is “informative”. Meaning, it shows you information about your site.
The actual actionable options are at the right-sidebar. You get all the most important options for your website here.
This includes SSL, backups, space management, plugins, e-mail accounts and everything else.
If you ask me, this clearly is easier than managing all of this on the cPanel, isn’t it?
5. FREE and one-click SSL + backups
Two of SeekaHost’s most impressive features are its free SSL and backups. While SSL is generally free with most providers, free backups are extremely rare.
What’s more is the ease of enabling the SSL or backups.
In the screenshot above, you saw how the SSL, backups and other things were all grouped together, didn’t you?
To enable either SSL or backups, all you need is a single tap.
That’s true for almost everything on SeekaHost. Everything you need to do, can be done in less than 3 clicks in most cases.
6. 100% free migrations
You may already be using a different host? That’s fine. SeekaHost will migrate you for free.
Unlike most other providers, SeekaHost doesn’t just provide you a “third-party migration tool”. Rather, their support staff would migrate your site manually, for free.
7. Equally easy domain control panel
SeekaHost isn’t just a hosting provider. It also is a domain registrar. Yes, this isn’t a “hosting control panel feature” but I believe it needs to be mentioned anyway.
Again, the nameservers, DNS, renewal and everything else is right there, isn’t it?
If I’m being totally honest, I haven’t seen an easier domain control panel, have you?
8. In-built DDoS and malware protection
This too is a SeekaHost control panel function that I believe needs to be mentioned.
Each control panel offers in-built malware scanning and DDoS protection for your websites. No additional configuration or settings from your side are required.
9. SEO-friendly servers
SEO matters, especially for bloggers, doesn’t it?
SeekaHost doesn’t just offer you “space on the internet”. It caters to your exact needs as a blogger.
The plans are categorized into different blogger-friendly purposes. On SeekaHost, you can:
- Build a PBN using its PBN servers. These servers offer unique IP addresses and locations for each blog.
- A-class servers: These offers the highest quality IPs, something that every search engine would love.
- WordPress sites: You can always just use its WP-optimized servers built just for your WordPress sites.
10. FAQ & knowledgebase for understanding the control panel.
It’s possible that the control panel on SeekaHost still may seem new and different to you. That’s only natural.
Doesn’t mean you’ll be left stranded. SeekaHost has a FAQ that covers nearly everything you may ask about the control panel.
Then there’s a separate knowledgebase. This consists of step-by-step guides which show you exactly how to get things done.
This I believe bridges any knowledge-gaps you may have when shifting from the traditional cPanel.
Forever free account + 7-day free trial
This isn’t a control panel feature but something that should make you happy.
You can start using SeekaHost.app WordPress Hosting for free. You never have to pay. There are no ads either. It’s just free forever, period. If you run out of the free bandwidth (3 GB ) or space (500 MB) you can always opt for its 7-day free trial.
You can try any of its plans (yes, even the most expensive ones) absolutely free for 7 days.
I’m confident the forever free trial + the 7 day trial is pretty generous, isn’t it? Go sign up right now.
Signing off- 10 Best Hosting Control Panel functions in SeekaHost.app for bloggers
Those were the top 10 control panel functions SeekaHost.app offers. This obviously doesn’t mean these are the only features on the platform. There’s obviously a lot more that’s offered .
However, I’m sure you’ve got an idea of what it offers and how it’s different from cPanel, haven’t you?
For a better understanding, you may try signing up for their 7-day free trial right away.