A plastic laser cutter is a tool used for cutting plastic using a laser beam. Plastic is a malleable organic material that can be extruded into sheets or other complex shapes. The material comes in a large variety, from engineering plastic like acetyl to commodity plastic like ABS and acrylic.
Commodity plastic tends to be inexpensive, and it’s used for a wide range of applications. On the other hand, engineering plastics should fulfill some performance requirements like high service temperature and durability. Nearly all types of plastic can be processed by laser cutting for various purposes.
- One of the primary uses of a plastic laser cutter is to process acrylics for manufacturing labels, displays, and lettering. Acrylic is the most suitable material for laser cutting and engraving.
- Cutting plastic foils: Front panels for household appliances, automobile sector, and keyboard foils
- Textile market: This includes technical materials like filter mediums, plush fabric, etc
- Toys: Most of the toys are made of plastic.
It’s worth noting that there are two types of acrylics: Cast and extruded. The cast is more expensive and gives a superior finish to engraving. So, the engraving gives a nice white snowy look, while extruded gives a dull, non-white look. If you want to cut the material, choose extruded. But if you want to cut and engrave it, then the cast is the best choice.
Laser cutting with plastic
As mentioned above, laser cutting for plastic is used to cut through various plastic materials, such as acrylic and PVC. Some of its known applications are crafting signage, office or home décor, and wedding stationery.
Laser engraving on plastic
In addition to cutting, a plastic laser cutter has another function – engraving onto plastic. Some real-world applications of plastic laser engraving include:
- Name badges
- Marking logos, serial numbers, and other codes
- Creating beautiful designs on any type of plastic product, from keychains to toys.
A plastic laser cutter can change the way you work with plastic.
Using a plastic laser cutter, you can achieve a fabulous finish by cutting and engraving plastics. These machines can cut and engrave text, logo designs, clipart pictures, and much more. These result in impressive designs that can be used for arts and crafts and for corporate clients.
On the market, you’ll find a variety of laser cutters for businesses that operate in the plastic industry. Some of the best plastic laser cutters are powered by Japanese Oriental Loop Motor technology that delivers excellent beam quality and accuracy.
Some of the top products include:
- Nova 24: This desktop machine offers an engraving speed of 1000mm/s and a cutting speed of 300mm/s.
- Nova 35: This machine is suitable for thicker materials because it features a stronger watt laser tube. Its engraving speed is 1000mm/s, and its cutting speed is 300mm/s.
- Nova 51: This Thunder laser machine is suitable for all jobs when it comes to plastic cutting and engraving. This plastic laser cutter offers an engraving speed similar to other machines in the list.
- Nova 63: Suitable for larger surfaces, this machine has a working size of 1600 x 1000mm. Its engraving speed is 1000mm/s, and its cutting speed is 300mm/s.
So, change the way your business works with plastic with these laser cutting and engraving machines.
Leave a Reply