For any business, it’s not enough to launch a website and wait for the shopper traffic. You need to use SNS to promote your business, to present it to the masses. Otherwise, your enterprise will stay way, unknown, unsuccessful, loveless, and customerless. The emergence of Instagram affects the entire concept of brand promotion on the Internet. In this article, I will disclose all the basic principles and secret methods of business promotion on IG. You will learn all the leading notions and learn what Ingramer is and how to derive benefit from posting time. Read till the end to become the promotional artist!
Why do you need Instagram?
This is the first question you need to ask yourself before taking photos and posting them. Every business has different goals: sales, public relations, image formation, communication with regular customers, or search for new ones, notifying about new products or promotions.
The first step in building a brand on Instagram is a strategy. Without clearly sеt out “instructions,” you won’t get the results.
If you hire SMM-manager, the first thing you need to ask – what strategy do we have?
The Target Audience and Brand Voice are concepts that need to be set out at the outset of the promotion. The Instagram audience is women from 18 to 25 years old, first of all. The most active are young moms. There are a few men on Instagram, and they are less active users. If you sell to men, you definitely need a website, or at least a landing page.
Brand voice is the tone of your communication with a client, which can be both friendly and formal, depending on your target audience and brand line.
Please note that the new algorithm first shows the posts of those with whom you most often interact, as well as popular and advertising content.
What should a brand do?
The only option is to create high-quality content and promote it correctly. To build communication, it is necessary to develop a content plan that structures the work.
A content plan is a list of possible topics for a blog for a certain period of time. It can be written for a couple of weeks to half a year or more.
What time to post?
A lot of SMM specialist speak about “best times to post on Instagram” – morning (7-8 am), lunch (12-2 pm) and evening (9-11 pm). As for me, that is an incomplete truth. Your best time for posting is the time when your TA is active and has time to scroll the Feed. Even at the weekend, there is no such notion as the common best time, it depends on the season and weather as well.
It depends on the amount of marvelous content you can give out per week. I recommend posting once a day. If you publish more – the previous posts gain fewer likes. And I highly recommend you to use services for scheduled posting for that. With it, you won’t be distracted from the main activity to post the next photo at a particular time.
Where to get photos?
These can be professional, or amateur or photos made by you or user-generated. I do not recommend using photo stocks because such images look too advertising and “inanimate.” Users still react more with content that seems to be shot right here and right now.
Do not add text on the photo! Instagram automatically recognizes this content as an advertisement and lowers coverage (so that you set up paid advertising). And the video is more likely to reach more coverage than the photo.
What tools for promotion to use?
- Stories is a separate Feed on IG, which exists for 24 hours. This tool is very effective. What should a brand post? Backstage, funny stories, the process of choosing materials, production. And the more often you post videos, the better for you.
- Automation tool. It’s a service which attracts new users to your page thanks to the automated mass-liking and mass-following. Moreover, it enables automatic messaging and commenting to your potential customer, increasing their engagement rate. Thanks to it, you can save on smm-manager. By the way, the scheduled posting is one of its features too. I use Ingramer for my business, it’s safe and performative.
- Texts. People read captions, but still, 60-70% of success depends on the visual component. What to write about? About the team, product mix, production, secrets, delivery, and order specifics.
- Hashtags. The free tool for fast promotion. Create your branded tag and add it to every post, other hashtags should not be repeated and must suit the content, i.e., be relevant. To come up with such tags use hashtag generator. It’s a great free (!) helper as it can search for relevant tags by a keyword, a photo, and a URL.
- Contest. Not always effective means. It can be used if your budget is minimal, and you need to attract the first audience. Contests entertain the audience and increase activity.
- Targeted advertising. It works, so do not hesitate to run it. Before you put paid advertising, fill your account with useful content.
That was a short summary of all useful information you should know to start an effective promotional campaign on IG. Of course, it’s not a matter of one day or week, so be patient. Love it, strive for it, and work for it!