If you are launching an online marketing strategy for your company, thinking about how to use Instagram in your plans is already inevitable. This case is accentuated if your target audience is young since it is one of the social networks preferred by this target. In this post, I am going to tell you how you can use Instagram in your online marketing strategy. You can put it into practice from now!
How to create a company profile on Instagram
For some time now you can have a company profile on Instagram and it is not necessary to have to use a personal profile with the name of your business. To activate it you must follow these steps
- Log into your account and click on ‘ Settings’.
- Look for the option ‘ Switch to company page ‘.
- You must have a Facebook page to which to link it (if not, you will not be able to change to a company profile), it will appear in a list and you will have to link it to your account.
- It will ask you some more information about your business.
Now you will have your new company profile. And what does this mean? Well, it has some advantages:
- Description and a direct link to the location of your business.
- Contact button to send an email directly.
- You can choose a type of brand or category of business.
- Statistics about your profile, about your followers and about each post you post.
- Promote paid posts without leaving the application.
If you already have your company profile activated, now it’s time to find your target audience and get them to follow you on Instagram. You already know how?
How to gain followers on Instagram
As I said above, Instagram has a very specific target where most of its users are less than 35 years old. In addition, the figures indicate that 50% of users follow brands on Instagram (a figure superior to other social networks), and also that amount usually consults products on social networks before buying them.
That is why it is so important to have a presence in this social network. Whether you’re already active or just starting, here are some tricks to gain Instagram followers:
- Complete your profile: choose a good username, a quality photo and write a striking biography for your Instagram.
- Share your posts on other social networks: when you post a new post on Instagram, post it on your other social networks. You can do it directly from Instagram or through some other tool.
- Follow relevant users or your target audience: search for users related to your activity and follow them; many of them will return the follow.
- Use hashtags: find the most relevant hashtags in your sector or for your audience and use them. You can use between 5 and 10 hashtags per post without a problem, or even add one more in a comment.
- Include the link to Instagram on your website: if your website has social icons (you should always have them), it also includes Instagram. The same with your emails.
Good practices to post on Instagram
Although there is no exact science that says how to post in such a way that you achieve a certain success, for Instagram campaigns, there are good practices that we can follow when publishing:
- Geolocate your posts: with it, you will make your photos appear when a person searches for that place. In addition, geolocated publications tend to have more engagement.
- The hashtags can also help you gain visibility and, therefore follower’s studies indicate that the photographs that include at least some hashtag have more interaction than those who do not.
- Tools like Keyhole can help you search for relevant hashtags for your sector and give you usage statistics.
- Interact with users: comment on photos of your followers (without looking funny) and respond to everything they tell you.
- Find the best hours to publish: there are tools that give you clues about the best time to post on Instagram, but if you have a company profile you will already be given data by the same application about what time your followers are connected to.
Always keep in mind what your audience wants to see, not what you want to teach. The same is not interested in a professional photo of your product, but a photo of the process you have followed to make it (for example). Instagram has a different philosophy than other social networks, and here it works very well to show things from within.
Instagram as a human resources tool
One of the uses that work very well in Instagram is to use it as a tool to capture talent. In the case of socialrunner, where we sell services to other companies, following an online marketing strategy aimed at conversion or sale was complicated. That’s why in the end we decided to open our own Instagram account for human resources purposes.
How? Teaching what life is like in socialrunner! The truth is that the philosophy that we follow as a company allows us to have a very dynamic, motivated team that performs a multitude of activities. That’s why we thought that teaching what it’s like to work here would earn points for potential candidates.