In our world, today, building your own e-commerce site has never been easier. You don’t have to need some special tech skills just to start your own online store.
There are a lot of great opportunities to gain when you create a successful e-commerce business, but choosing your own platform can be quite confusing because there’s a lot of selection to choose from out there.
That’s why we’ve gathered five of the best platforms available, have outlined what they can offer, and which one is the right one for you.
5 E-commerce Platforms
Here are five of the best e-commerce platforms that you can choose from, these five are the most common platforms that are DIY cloud-based.
This e-commerce platform is a free WordPress plugin. This comes along really well with a shopping cart and a secure payment gateway that both works really good. It is easy to use and an open source for WordPress aficionados.
- Admin Panel is easy to manage
- Secure payment gateway
- Unlimited categories of products
- A wide range of plugins and extensions
- Good shopping cart
- The extensions and apps aren’t free and costs can add up
- You’ll need experience in coding to use its full potential
- Have no control over updates of WordPress or plugins that won’t work well with the platform
This is a Canadian-based platform. It was founded in 2004 and it has always kept up with the current e-commerce technologies and trends.
- Straightforward and intuitive to get your online store running in a short time.
- 100+ themes and templates to choose from
- Good customer support
- Various payment plan options
- Charges you for every transaction, unless if you sign up in Shopify Plus
- Need to learn “Liquid”, Shopify’s coding language
Magento is another open source e-commerce platform, this has become one of the most popular platforms because of its scalability and reliability. Some prominent names like Huawei and Burger King have built their websites on this platform.
- 9000+ plugins and extensions
- Unlimited customization options
- Free extensions in social media
- Broad resource library
- Maintenance, support, and development costs
This is an e-commerce platform that is specifically designed for SMBs and startups. Some platforms offer multi-vendor plugins, but YoKart specializes that kind of field.
- Multi-lingual and multi-currency features
- Readymade multi-vendor marketplace
- Mobile friendly
- 12-month free technical support
- Inbuilt catalog system
- Needed to be knowledgeable in PHP
- Not an open source
- Startup and GoQuick packages offer default themes
Ever since this platform started, it has credited more than 55,000 online stores and has been praised as one of the most prominent providers of e-commerce software. It has helped big businesses like Toyota to start their own online storefronts.
- A huge number of built-in features
- Responsive themes
- Consistent user experience, both mobile and desktop
- Easy store integration
- No transaction fee
- Tutorial videos, easy setup wizard, demos, and detailed guides.
If you want to know more about these e-commerce platforms, then check out more about its reviews and comparisons.
Most e-commerce platforms are the same, but not all of them can be fit for everyone. All the platforms that are discussed here are built for various kinds of business requirements. The mentioned pros and cons aren’t about the platforms’ downsides, but it is to help you choose the perfect platform that will serve you best.