The ranking is crucial for every website owner, and in this regard, each site undertakes a number of measures that can help it attain the top ranks. The site ranking is determined by Google’s ranking algorithm which, keeps changing from time to time. But what remains constant is each websites quest to rank on top of that list.
So, if you want to increase the ranking of your website, follow these five proven ways for site ranking:
- Content is king: The quality of content on your website is prime derivative to top ranking of your sites and believe me there is no substitute for it. When you focus on creating quality and informative content that is targeted towards your audience, nothing brings more traffic than that. Content is the most prominent asset indicator for a website to get authority links and relevance. Using SEO techniques to create content based on most relevant searched keywords or key phrases is the key. Another important aspect of that content on your page is the presentation. As excellent and informative your content might be, so is the importance of its appearance, like fonts, color and using bold letters for keywords.
- Updating the content at regular intervals: This is something self-evident but often forgotten. Websites must update their content on a regular basis. Your business/ service must be growing; you would be adding new products, getting appreciation or adding new partners to expand your existing business, etc., it all must appear on the news feed on your website. Apart from this updating, the content with revised SEO oriented keywords is also relevant.
- Metadata/ meta description: Metadata is the small or short description kind of this that appears under the link of a website on a search engine page as a result of keyword search. Now, this metadata and meta description is critical in bringing you organic traffic. Any user of the search engine opens a link only if he finds its meta relevant to the search. So, if you want to get a good website rank, concentrate on both metadata be meta description to get more traffic.
- Backlinks, authority links: Links in your website both on-page and off-page are essential for a good ranking. Using keywords or key-phrases to insert go-to url within your text brings you substantial traffic hike. Moreover getting authority links from branded websites is a significant factor contributing to sites ranking.
- Social media: Increasing at an alarming rate is the use of social media to promote, link and generate traffic to a website is quite extraordinary. If you haven’t paid attention towards these, it’s time you create social media pages of your business or site. Using LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc. to post relevant content or material, directing backlinks to your website is critical in generating organic traffic to your site, thereby increasing its ranking.
Hopefully, you would have understood the concept of website ranking and how you can increase your chances of getting a better rank. Doing SEO for your website will enable it to generate a response at a much higher rate providing you a better website ranking.