Xbox gift card is getting popular in recent years, most people prefer to send the gift cards to their loved ones rather than buying the hardcopy of games and sending them over. With the Xbox gifts card, users can buy anything they want to from the Xbox store. The card can be bought in different units; you can send gifts for as little as $10 Xbox gift cards. If you’re thinking of buying Xbox gift card for yourself or sending them over as a gift, there are some things you need to know that can help you get the most out of the cards. In this post we’ll share some of these important things you need to know before buying Xbox Gift card.
What You Can Do with Xbox Gift Card
- Buy games; Xbox gift cards are mostly used to order games online, once you redeem the cards you can download the digital copy of your favorite games and start playing them right away without visiting any physical store to order these games.
- Pay apps; you can use the Xbox gift card to order different applications for your consoles or for use on other Microsoft services.
- Pay for your subscription; Xbox also has monthly subscription just like PlayStation, you can redeem the Xbox gift card and pay for your subscription.
- Buy hardware; if you want to buy some accessories from the Xbox store you can use your cards to order. it could be a hardware or any other stuff that’s available in the Xbox store.
Type of Accessories You Can Buy With Xbox Gift Card
- Vertical Stand; if you want to keep your Xbox console upright, you’ll need the vertical stand and you can order with the Xbox gift card.
- Wall Mount; if you just want to mount your Xbox One S, you’ll find this accessory very helpful because it will hang your console to the wall without any worries.
- Game driver; if you want to have a lot of game collection, you’ll need an extra driver, using your Xbox gift card you can buy SSD drives from the store and they’re in large sizes to expand your storage.
- Microphone; if you want to stream games with high quality audio and you don’t want to disturb anyone in the house, you’ll need a set of Microphone. With your Xbox gift card, you can place that order right away without leaving the comfort of your home.
What You Can’t Do with Xbox Gift Card
The cards can’t be used in any Microsoft physical store, the Xbox gift card can only be used on Microsoft online stores, they can be used on Windows as well. Basically, the cards are used for entertainment related purchases online. Beware of services that request you to pay with Xbox gift cards, they’re mostly scammers. You should only use the cards to pay for Xbox or Microsoft services.
Are Xbox Cards Restricted to Regions?
This is an important question that need to be addressed as well, and I can say that the cards are restricted to regions. U.S cards can’t be used on accounts registered on UK, and that’s because there is difference of currency. Before any user is able to redeem Xbox gift card in their account, it has to be already registered in this same currency.
If you try to redeem your Xbox gift card but failed, one of the things you want to check is whether the card currency is the same as your account. On the other hand, you can open a new account using the region that has the same currency on the card or you can switch your region just for the sake of redeeming your gift card and then get back to your original region. It’s a simple procedure and you can do that in a matter of minutes.
There Is No Currency Conversion
Keep in mind that when you switch region, the balance in your current region won’t be converted to the new region because they don’t do currency conversion. When you switch account to another region and redeem your gift card, make sure to spend the money because you won’t see the balance when you switch back to your old region.
Do You Still Have to Pay Tax Out Of Your Purchase?
If taxes apply to your region you definitely can’t bypass it because it will be deducted. If you want to make a purchase of $14.99 from the Xbox store and your balance is $15, you’ll hardly complete the purchase. You’ll have to pay like additional $1 and hence in this case your purchase might be declined. For this reason, it’s advisable to have a balance that’s above the price of the item you wish to buy, ensure to have extra, like $5 or $10 above the price of the item you wish to buy.