The Organic SEO or SEO Positioning began to be known in the XXI century, with the explosion of the internet and the widespread use of search engines. After more than a decade has passed since Google became the great search engine used by almost all of “the West”. (Internet has already exceeded 40,000 million pages). This explosive expansion has turned the Internet into a fiercely competitive medium. And that is why, it is increasingly important that web pages not only have a good design but also a good SEO Optimization. Only those companies that apply Web Positioning and Optimization techniques consistently and intensively, they will be able to consistently stand out above their competition.
But then, what is SEO? Search Engine Optimization or Search Engine Optimization is the constant process of improving the visibility of a website in the search engines in an organic or natural way. A process that is carried out manually, working both in the internal environment of your Web and in the external environment.
Are there SEO Experts?
As in any other area of work, in Web Positioning, there are also experts. And to honor the truth, there are many types of experts in SEO, because as the popular saying goes, “each teacher has his book” . Some are experts in internal optimization; others in the creation of quality content, there are experts in keyword selection and SEO experts in the acquisition of links.
As you have seen, there are several branches that an SEO expert should cover, and the truth is that it is very difficult to find SEO experts who master all these branches perfectly. What’s more, it’s normal to find SEO professionals who do everything but are very good at one thing or another. And if at this point, all this seems small, these characteristics that a good SEO should have, is being joined more and more work to optimize the internal content of a website for Social Networks.
What is Black Hat SEO and White Hat SEO?
Once explained that it is SEO, it is fair and necessary to explain that, as in any industry and sector, in SEO there are also good and bad professional practices. Naturally, everyone wants to appear in the first result of Google and this has been causing the emergence of Spam practices.
Black Hat SEO is called those techniques used by SEO professionals whose purpose is to deceive the search engines to achieve the first position. On the contrary, White Hat SEO is called those techniques followed by experts in SEO that are within the editorial limits of the search engines. ( See Google editorial guide for Web Masters ). Gray Hat SEO are those techniques that are halfway between SPAM over-optimization and the neatness of the search engines’ editorial guides.
What features does good SEO have?
After 4 years of experience learning and perfecting my knowledge in the SEO world, I have reached several conclusions. In my opinion the following characteristics are essential to be a good SEO:
- A good SEO expert should live in BETA state. R conduct empirical and functional research is the daily bread of any SEO you intend your thing prosperous career. In order to carry out a process of continuous improvement it is necessary to try different things and apply those that work.
- Good SEO must have a constant appetite for learning . I think that this characteristic is applicable to any good professional because in the times in which we live, new things never stop coming out that largely belie or diminish the importance of the previous ones. But in the case of the SEO professional, the appetite for learning must be a constant daily. Read articles and books written by other experts and make your profession a hobby and an obsession, are the best recipes of success.
- A good SEO professional must also be a good writer. Achieving reader attraction is essential. For this, it is not only necessary to know how to write well. Write without mistakes and grammatical errors, but also do it in an attractive and clear way. In the end, for a reader, the decision between clicking on the first or second result will depend on which headline or description is most attractive and relevant.
- An SEO must always have an analytical perspective. SEO is based on the constant and methodical application of different techniques of previous analysis that will show us what should be the approach we must follow when optimizing a website. Both from the point of view of the analysis of the competition, as well as the analysis of incoming traffic to the web and of the analysis of navigation that users carry out when users visit our website. All this is necessary to know what changes should be applied.
- Good SEO is one that has experience, is honest and has ethics. P unfortunately ethics and honesty are two practices that seem be increasingly less fashionable. However, from my humble point of view they are as essential as experience. These three characteristics form a virtuous triangle that can only generate benefits. If your SEO expert possesses these qualities you can rest assured, the evolution of your website will go on the right track. Maybe not as fast as you expected, but at least you will be sure that the constant updates of the Google algorithm will not catch you unprepared, nor penalize your website for having been doing SPAM. Time always gives reason to who walks with firm step.
What does a good SEO Professional do?
- Previous analysis of SEO Consulting: this analysis should contain four aspects. 1) Current situation of the web in the search engines. 2) Study of the most relevant SEO aspects within your Web page. 3) Study of the situation in which the Competition is located. 4) Study of the most relevant Keywords for the Web page in question.
- Internal Optimization of the Site: once carried out the tasks of SEO Consulting , you start working on the Online Optimization of the site. Based on the previously studied data and optimize each page of the web.
- External Optimization: development of a strategy of generation of Backlinks, (links that point to your web page). While at the same time, quality content is still being created don the web.
- Measurement of results: analysis of the data generated by a statistics manager to your website and the evolution of the position of the website in the search engines for those selected keywords.
- Back to start: rethinking the ideas embodied in the Web Consulting. Emphasis on those aspects that have room for improvement and search for new keywords.