The number of eCommerce businesses is rapidly growing every year, so it’s challenging to keep up with marketing and sales. It’s crucial to employ a sound digital marketing strategy to grab the attention of your target audience. While many successful ecommerce brands utilized digital marketing as a good tactic, gadgets, software or applications, and online tools constantly evolve, that’s why you need a long-term solution to drive traffic, engage with your customers, and maintain your web visibility.
One way to achieve your eCommerce business goals is through search engine optimization or SEO. With SEO digital marketing, you’ll gain organic traffic to your site because you establish credibility by belonging to the top ranking of search engines, like Google or Bing. People visit your site because you provide solutions to their problems and they find your content worth liking, sharing, and tagging.
Online resources such as Top 10 Courses webmarketing123.com can help you get certified as a professional digital marketer so you can use the knowledge and skills you’ll learn for your eCommerce business.
Here are some of the best digital marketing strategies for your eCommerce business:
1. Amazon Keyword Research
Keyword research is the first step to identify the high-value search terms that online users are using. You need to aim to rank for commercial keywords that display buying intent. Google usually suggests relevant queries with the search autocomplete feature. Amazon also has a similar process referred to as Amazon suggestions which are product-focused. You can use Amazon suggestions to search a keyword that is relevant to your products. Here are some tips:
- Search on Amazon to give you an insight into the category names of your products. Check the relevant product categories of your major competitors for category and keyword ideas for your online store.
- Make your keyword specific by being aware of the long-tail keywords which are usually 3 to 4 words in length. It promotes higher conversion rates because of lower competition.
2. Embracing Voice Search
Google introduced voice search in 2014, and it is now the latest trend on SEO digital marketing. With the improvement of speech recognition technology, projections show that half of all online searches that by the year 2020 will be performed through voice search. If your site is not yet optimized for voice search, then better start doing it.
People find smart speakers, like Alexa Echo, highly beneficial. According to Google, 52% of people who own smart speakers use them in common rooms, like the living room, 25% are kept in the bedroom, while 22% are installed in the kitchen. Here’s an example of an SEO strategy to ensure that your eCommerce site would be optimized for voice search:
- Create blog posts that answer your customers’ questions.
- For instance, an online user might type “best smartwatch for ladies,” but using voice search; a consumer would say “what’s the best smartwatch for women.”
- Carefully listen to conversations or words that people use when talking about your product.
- Create a content based on the gathered data.
- Create an FAQ page and dedicated blog posts based on customers’ common questions.
3. YouTube SEO Digital Marketing
If you have a talent in video creation, you can use it to drive traffic to your site too. YouTube is one of the most popular search engine using uploaded videos from businesses and private individuals. Your eCommerce business can benefit from SEO digital marketing through YouTube. Here are some SEO tips and tricks:
- Put your keywords in the description and the title tag.
- Create a relevant title that best describes the video.
- Build links to your channel (e.g., from your website, blogs, or profile links from your social media accounts).
4. Use and Learn About Google Algorithm
Make your homepage powerful by having authored posts on trustworthy and reputable websites.
Adhering to the limits and guidelines set by Google is essential. Here are some tips to gain more favor with Google:
- Invest in videos, infographics, and external platforms to add credibility to your content.
- Build communities for your customers to boost engagement with your target audience and to aid your SEO marketing strategy.
5. Use Appropriate Digital Marketing Tools
The digital marketing tools you can use include Google Keywords, SEM, SMM, Analytics, Ahrefs, email marketing, and Audience Insights. Google provides most of the digital marketing tools that new-age digital marketers can use. By observing the purchasing patterns of consumers, identifying the strengths of your eCommerce business, and resolving gaps, you can attain your goals sooner.
It is tough for any eCommerce startup to make a mark and grow on its own. Digital marketing can help you grab the attention of your target audience and maximize your earning potential. With a better eCommerce SEO, you can ensure that your products and services are discovered easily online, helping consumers make the best buying decision.