Are you tired of spending exorbitant prices on the cable TV bill? Is the cable bill burning a hole in your pocket? If your answer to these questions is Yes, then surely we have something to provide relief from the cable bill. Initially when the cable or satellite TV were introduced, it had seemed to be interesting since people were getting lot of options in terms of watching their favourite shows and sports. But it also came along with some disadvantages, rises in the cable prices, unnecessary scrolling channels in front of the TV and paying for channels you do not even know exist. Hence to address all of this concern, we have listed down certain ways on how you can save your cable bill money in a wise manner.
- Free TV: Yes, free TV does exist. If you are wondering how do you get this free TV, then the answer is get back the old school TV antenna. A TV antenna is considered to be one of the easiest and cheapest method to save on those monthly cable bills. Purchasing the right type of TV antenna, would allow you to get access to some of the major broadcasting networks such as, ABC, Fox, PBS, NBC and so on. You get these over-the-air channels absolutely free of cost. There is no lengthy process in setting up the antenna, however you would need to get yourself braced up to purchase the right antenna and then you are good to go. The picture quality is also high-definition and uncompressed in comparison to the one received through cable or satellite television. All you would need to ensure is that the antenna should work well with the TV else there would be a need for a converter box.
- Online streaming services: The online streaming services have become a rage now across the globe. You just cannot get enough of one streaming service since each of them have various options for its consumers. These online streaming services allows its users to watch the content of their choice. They have numerous shows, live shows, and library of movies available. It is all about getting the right package. Netflix’s basic package starts at $7.99 per month with certain number of shows and movies. It also allows you to download selected movies and shows so that you can view them offline. Another popular on-demand streaming service includes Amazon Prime Video. It has a $99 annual package providing unlimited content to its viewers. There are thousands of movies and shows in the package. It also has a library of books for reading and unlimited photo storage option. You can also access millions of music for free.
- Live TV subscription services: Those of you, who are looking at saving those extra bucks of their cable TV then the live TV subscription service is a better option. It is considered to be a good alternative for cable TV. With the live TV subscription service, you get to experience the feel of TV with just a small fraction of cost. These are made available both as single channel and multi-channel packages. Few of the multi-channel options include, Hulu Live TV wherein you can get access to more than 50 channels covering various genres by paying just $39.99 each month. Youtube has more than 40 networks to select from. It also has an unlimited space for recording your favourite shows. It also offers shows and on-demand movies. There are millions of Youtube subscribers across the globe. Few of the other options include, Fubo TV, DirecTV Now, Playstation Vue and Sling TV.
- Get rid of those cable freebies: When you have a cable or satellite TV, in the due course your cable service provider may offer some promotional freebies suggesting you to go in for some new channels which are absolutely free of cost. But you should note that something which is available for free, does not last for long. Hence when you do go in for those schemes, over a period of time you tend to forget those free channels expiration date. This way the cable companies then start charging for the free channels which are now made as pay channels without the proper knowledge of the consumer. Do not fall for such trap.
- Single channel online streaming service: There are certain streaming services which also offer single channel streaming for their consumers. They are mostly called as premium channels. You would need to pay subscription price to get access to these channels. Few of the examples include, HBO Now which is for $14.99 and it has an unlimited access to each and every episode that has been ever aired on HBO Now. The famous Game of Thrones is also aired on HBO Now. Another one is Starz which is for $8.99 on a monthly basis. It also provides an unlimited streaming option of all their classic shows as well as the original shows. Few of the other examples include, Showtime and CBS All Access.
- Streaming devices: There is also another method to save money on your cable TV bill. The streaming device is ideal for those who are binge watcher. Few of the examples include, Amazon Fire TV Stick which is also voice controlled with Alexa. It mostly prioritises the shows of Amazon. Apple TV is also an ideal one for those who are huge fan of Apple products. Though this product is pricier than Amazon or Roku but surely it can support the 4K streaming service. It also comes along with a Siri controlled remote. So just order it all day round. Few other options include, Roku, Google Chromecast, Nvidia Shield TV etc.
- DVD’s: Do not forget the importance of a library. We are not talking about the books library but that one which stores all of your favourite movies and shows. The audio books and DVD’s library are still a better option for you to watch any of your selected shows or movies. There are a lot of libraries that provide for lending program wherein if you are not able to find what you are exactly looking at then you can get it transferred from another branch if it is in the same community.