A virtual server:
(VPS, aka virtual private server) is a hosting that simulates the operation of a real physical server, while not being one. In fact, there are several virtual servers on one physical server at once, but they work separately from each other, having their own dedicated resources. In this article, we will try to understand the features of this service and give useful tips.
Renting a VPS server provides the user with much more opportunities than conventional hosting. So, for example, he has root access, the ability to install his own software. It does not depend on the operation of other hosting accounts located on the same physical server. But such a service costs one and a half times more than regular hosting.
A virtual server is suitable for those who already lack the resources of conventional hosting – https://deltahost.com/vps.html. This happens when site traffic exceeds the threshold of 5,000 visitors per day. Also, renting a VPS server will be useful for small companies that have increased data security requirements, but do not have the desire or ability to rent and maintain a separate server.
In operation, a VPS usually does not differ much from a physical server. It has its own dedicated IP address, it can host multiple sites, an unlimited number of databases and users. They manage this service using a specialized control panel (ISPmanager or some other), while the owner has maximum control over the server with root rights.
Renting VPS servers even has some advantages over renting a dedicated server, since VPS is cheaper and allows you to easily add a little capacity if necessary. But it also has the disadvantages of a physical server. It needs administration, in connection with which the user must have the necessary knowledge and training.
What should I pay attention to when ordering a VPS service?
- it is better to order this service from trusted companies that have been operating on the market for more than one year, since one-day hosting is often found;
- pay attention to the fact that the north has a pre-installed management program, without it only a professional can deal with this service;
- pay attention to such parameters as the amount of allocated RAM, the frequency of the processor, the amount of internal memory on the HDD, as all this affects the speed of your server;
- the availability of a round-the-clock support service that could help solve problems that suddenly arose on the hosting;
- Find out where the data centers that will host your VPS. If your site will be visited mainly by an audience from Ukraine, then it is preferable that your server be located there. This can positively affect the speed of the service.
Rent a VPS server in US/EU/UA
Where is the best place to order the Virtual Dedicated Server service? The Ukrainian company “Deltahost”, proven over the years, provides high-quality “honest” VPS at sites in Ukraine, the Netherlands and the USA. You can buy vps hosting from this link. Uptime is over 99.9%. You will get guaranteed resources, KVM virtualization, free administration, no overselling, VestaCP management system. The cost of the service is also democratic – only from 20 US dollars per month! This is one of the best offers on the market at the moment in terms of the quality of the service provided and its price. Renting a VPS server is an opportunity to give new life to your website.