In an attempt to reduce financial costs, heads of small and medium-sized enterprises are faced with the need to move to a remote form of work in the field of software development. This means the possibility to involve dedicated software developers from outside, and the responsibility for the functioning or development of the software products is assigned to the outsourcing company. And the matter is not only in the remote software developer salary which can be lower than a wage of an in-house programmer but also in a number of other beneficial reasons we are going to talk about.
The first aspect of remote development is the lack of the need for recruitment of qualified personnel. With the help of outsourcing, it is possible to involve in the performance of work an outside organization that has employees of the required qualifications. Selection of qualified personnel is entrusted to the management of the outsourcing company, thus freeing the personnel department of the enterprise that needs assistance.
By resorting to IT outsourcing services, the company-customer gets an indisputable advantage, getting rid of the need to inflate staff by hiring their own IT specialists. In addition to the financial advantage due to the reduction of remote web developer salary, this brings a pronounced convenience caused by the specifics of the provision of such services. The organizations that offer IT outsourcing services have sufficient staff to meet the needs of all their customers who have concluded relevant contracts.
The second feature of the remote development is the cost reduction, expressed in the absence of the need to hire a full-time programmer, that is, to pay him a salary and related taxes. The main principle of an outsourcing idea itself if is that a dedicated developer salary in a particular country is lower then the wage of an in-house programmer. Taking into account the tough competition that is present in the field of IT outsourcing, the advantage for customers is the affordable cost of the services of the involved specialists.
This fact also makes it possible to select a candidate who fully meets the requirements. One of the features of remoteness in the field of software development is the ability to quickly assess compliance with the criteria by analyzing the results of the applicant’s work in his portfolio. The high interest in obtaining a new customer becomes a stimulus for the high-quality and timely performance of the entire volume of work assigned.
Thus, it is possible to formulate a list of the main advantages of IT outsourcing for the companies faced with the need to attract outside specialists. These include:
- obtaining the required level of service;
- rapid change if the requirements for the project have changed;
- constant technical support;
- an economy of financial resources.
Here is the list of the most famous and successful ones.
- Slack. Now the company costs about $ 3 billion, this company used outsourcing to develop its solution from the very first days.
- Skype. They used the development team from Estonia to build their own business.
- Klout. In order to obtain its technology before launch, Klout relied on outsourcing developers as well.
- AppSumo. The company used the work of freelancers in various fields, including marketing, content and IT to develop their business.
- Github. The company used a lot of people who completed the work to create a product almost from home.
- MYSQL. From the very beginning, the company believed and proved the success of the growth strategy, which included the use of mainly outsourcing employees in different countries to increase operations in each location.
Advantages and features of IT-outsourcing provide unique opportunities for small firms, limited in finance due to the lower remote programmer salary. Involvement of third-party programmers will eliminate the need to search for competent specialists, and cooperation with a truly qualified team will eliminate the likelihood of obtaining a poor-quality software product.