Almost every industry these days have specified quality control standards, and every company needs to meet them. From automotive to food industry every industry needs to ensure that companies have an effective quality management system in place. It is a rigorous process, and big companies can still manage to do it but smaller companies might think it is difficult for them due to a limited number of resources but actually, it is quite achievable. All you need to embrace these standards is a little bit of information on why it is important and how can it benefit you.
Effective Quality Management System or QMS will help you increase the value of your product and also increase customer satisfaction. For smaller business, it is even more profitable because it improves customer retention. Customer retention is always cheaper than customer acquisition, so if these smaller companies focus on QSM, then they can save a lot of costs.
What Is QMS?
Quality Management System is a formal process that is used to review different aspects of a business like the operations, manufacturing products or services with the aim of finding areas of improvements in the process. In all fronts of the business regardless of the size of the company, one would need to have a QMS in place. An effective QMS will do the following: –
1) Reduce Wastage
2) Improve Quality and Process control
3) Have trained employees with high motivation
4) Satisfy and meet customer demands
5) Give you an edge over competitors
Benefits Of QMS
QMS is used to provide a framework for an effective and efficient way of doing things in the business. Some of the expected benefits of QMS are: –
1) Increased Efficiency – QMS will help you to boost process efficiency and quality. There are guidelines for all employees following which would mean that less effort will be required in troubleshooting issues.
2) Better employee performance – clearly defined roles, proper management and set working standards will help remove doubts and ambiguity so they will perform better.
3) International Standards – Some of the QMS standards like ISO are accepted worldwide and if a company follows that they become internationally recognized.
There are several set standards for QMS, and ISO certification is the most common of them all. A brief overview of the same and its importance is described below.
What Is The ISO Standard?
ISO standards such as ISO 9001,14001 etc. are frameworks for a business that clearly define quality control standards for an organization. They make it easier for companies to determine the quality and improve the overall vision of the companies. These days a lot of companies want their suppliers to be following the ISO standards
What Are The Benefits Of ISO Standards?
Even though there are several accreditations available by independent parties, ISO has its own set of advantages like: –
1) Showcase importance to quality – With an ISO certification you can prove that your organization values quality over anything else and that you are trustworthy of providing consistent service throughout.
2) Operating Efficiency – You can achieve better-operating efficiency and thus save cost as well as resources.
3) Aware employees- You employees and staff will be more aware of quality standards and the correct way of execution that employees of any other company who are not certified.
4) Identify problems faster – Since you pay a lot of attention to quality, it is easier for you to detect the issues and fix them than your competitors who are not that focused on quality. Also, it can serve a lesson for you which will prevent the occurrence of such events in the future.
5) Company Image – A ISO certified quality management system gives your company a positive image and raises the expectations of customers as compared to your non-certified competitors.
6) Clear communication – While some companies focus on cost, you focus on quality. You make it very clear to your stakeholders and partners with this certificate that customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to you and cannot be compromised.
7) Commercial Interest – Now that more and more clients want their suppliers and partners to have this accreditation it is kind of important that you have one to remain in the market and retain your business. To gain new business and acquire new customers it is essential that you have a Quality Management System in place.
Hence quality is something you cannot compromise with and producing good quality products in this age of competition is not enough one has to follow a set guideline and have a system in place. QMS and ISO help you achieve just that.