Prince2 is a project management methodology and covers the methods of managing, organizing, and controlling a project. The latest version of the software is the fifth edition and is popular as Prince2 2009.
- 0.1 Why Prince2?
- 0.2 Advantages A Business Can Reap Out of Prince2 Methodology
- 0.3 How Does The Methodology Work?
- 0.4 Project Management Techniques
- 0.5 #Project Assurance
- 0.6 #Project Support
- 0.7 Robust Principles Of Prince2 Methodology
- 0.8 #Business Justification Regarding The Project
- 0.9 #Team Experience
- 0.10 #Roles and Responsibilities
- 0.11 #Planning and Managing Work
- 0.12 #Team Management
- 0.13 Step By Step Processes Of Prince2
- 0.14 #1 Starting a Project
- 0.15 #2 Directing a Project
- 0.16 #3 Initiating a Project
- 0.17 #4 Controlling a Project
- 0.18 #5 Managing Product Delivery
- 0.19 #6 Closing a project
- 1 Scope of Prince2
The popularity of this project management technique is enhancing where acquiring a Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner certification will give a novice as well as a professional an upper hand over the others.
There is a huge scope of job opportunities which Prince 2 offers via online and offline modes of learnings where it helps all to expand their bracket of knowledge and career growth as well.
There are many advantages of Prince2 methodology which makes the process management and business management run, eliminating hurdles coming across. Take a rundown:
1. The software helps to manage a project in a structured manner.
2. There is a framework which helps to which can be easily followed and the project managers can manage the projects easily.
3. The software can be used to describe various processes and the person to whom the process has been assigned.
4. The software helps to define supervision of the project at different levels.
5. It also helps to make changes if the request from the client has been changed or if an issue is raised.
6. The software helps to divide the project into manageable levels.
7. The communication is easy as the software has the feature of providing the same language for all the people who are associated with the project. This helps in easy communication between the participants.
8. It is capable to manage all kinds of projects whether big or small.
Prince2 is a software that helps project managers to deliver a project within budget and on time. The software divides the project into different stages in order to make it easy for a manager to control and manage the project at various stages. The software helps the manager in the following ways.
- It defines the lifecycle of a project is defined.
- It defines a set of activities is defined to fulfill the business goals.
- It tells about the number of resources needed to complete the project.
- It also defines the organizational structure related to a project.
There are various project management techniques, which the Prince2 software provides in order to complete the project with a smooth workflow. The two major pillars have been discussed below.
This tool in the software displays the progress of a project. The project manager will know how much has been completed and how much is left. The project progress can be viewed by business, user and specialist.
As far as the business is concerned, it checks the cost of the project along with its benefits. Through users view, it can be checked whether the requirements of the users is being met or not. Through specialist view, it can be checked that the project team is delivering the best solution.
A project needs a lot of administrative tasks at various levels. There many things to be done like arranging meetings, making and keeping plans, and many other tasks. All these tasks have to be performed by the Project Manager if the project is small. If there are many projects ongoing, then the task is provided to project support office.
The underneath principles are followed by this management concept which enhances the productivity of employees and the business, thus, benefits one and all.
The project manager has to think about the return on investment throughout the project. He also has to determine the cost of the project and its benefit to the organization.
A team working on a project should also make notes regarding what has been done, what mistakes are committed, and how they are resolved. In this way, the team will get a good experience and they will not commit the same mistakes in the next project.
Roles and responsibilities of each person involved in the project should be properly defined.
The software helps to break a project into various manageable stages and team involved can learn various things at the end of each stage.
The project board gives the responsibility to the manager to manage the project and the team. If there is an issue, the manager can inform the board about it.
The stages in which the software helps from start to the completion of the project is discussed here.
Before starting a project, briefing the needs and requirements become mandatory in order to let the team know what and how it is to be done.
The project board approves the briefings and then detailed project brief is produced and the team is told about it.
Project Manager plans and declares a deadline according to which a project is to be completed. The things that one should consider are cost, benefit, time, quality, and risk.
The project shall be divided into small tasks or modules and assigned to the project team.
The progress of the project should be assessed and if changes are needed, the team should be informed about it. If everything is alright, the project board approves it.
After the project is approved by the project board, it is declared as closed.
Project management has become a tough job and Prince2 helps in easy management of the project. A Project involves employees, managers, users, and clients. The manager has to manage and plan the project and report to the client about the progress of the project.
Prince2 can be used in order to manage all these tasks. The software provides a common language among all the people who are engaged in the project.