No matter how much technology evolves, WordPress still continues to rule the world of website creation and designing. WordPress theme developers and designers always thrive to offer the best possible themes and templates for creating professional-looking websites that attract traffic with complete efficiency. The website designing market is fundamentally home to two types of WordPress themes – the premium variant and the free variant.
A common question often arises in the minds of novice website designers and owners – which variant they should use, the free one or the premium one. Another question that often arises is that why should one use premium themes when free ones are available in the market. The debate seems to go on and on, with no apparent solution. So today, we will take a comparative look at the various advantages and disadvantages associated with using free Accounting WordPress Themes as well as premium WordPress themes. Read on to find out more.
Free WordPress themes
- The biggest advantage of free WordPress themes is that they are absolutely free – no costs are involved with using this theme variant to create a website. And the best thing about zero cost is that there is zero financial risk, which is definitely a good thing for first-time website designers or owners. Also, you get the added advantage of discarding one theme and moving on to the next one with ease.
- The number of options when it comes to choosing free Art Gallery WordPress Themes can be described with simply one word – vast. The thousands of choices you will come across are truly overwhelming, so make sure to choose the best one from the lot and install said theme. Also, if you are not satisfied with your initial choice, then you can choose again.
- One common disadvantage of all free WordPress themes is the inability to customize the website. The only customizations that can be made are in the code of theme itself, which requires expert coding skills on the designers’ part.
- Most of the free themes are not compatible with WordPress’ latest version, as no updates are available for these free themes. Compatibility issues creep up almost regularly when using free WordPress themes.
- No help and support is offered or provided for free WordPress themes. You might face a number of issues when using free WordPress themes, but when facing such issues, do not expect any help or support from any WordPress developer.
- High quality free themes are available in the market, but most free themes are of an inferior quality. These themes are developed with zero quality control and quite quickly, which leads to these free variants lacking features usually seen or found in premium themes.
- Some free themes come with the name of developer in the footer, which might be irritating, but simply cannot be avoided. These themes are coded in such a manner that these promotional links and footers are encrypted and cannot be removed in any case. This has given rise to the problem of developers using footer encryption to corrupt the website code with adware and malware.
- Most free WordPress themes are used by personal bloggers – such is the design and coding of these themes. If you plan on opening a new website for your new business, and want the website to look professional, then a premium theme would be more suitable for you.
Premium WordPress themes
Premium WordPress themes are usually priced between USD 25 and USD 180. These themes are usually developed by skilled developers who are well-trained in the art of website designing. Designing such paid themes is often a full-time occupation for professional website designers. That is why each and every premium WordPress theme is designed with the utmost care and all the while maintaining the highest level of quality, so that no harm comes to their reputation. Let us now take a look at the various advantages and disadvantages of using premium WordPress themes.
- It is a no denying fact that premium WordPress themes look simply wonderful, and completely professional. The design is much more stylish and elegant when you compare these premium themes to the free ones. The number of features available on these themes is also quite abundant when compared to the free variants.
- The number of updates that these premium themes receive is truly astounding. Each and every theme developer releases updates for the premium themes designed by them on a regular basis. Whenever a theme is updated, your website will receive new and improved features never seen before, and that too without any extra bit of coding on your end. And the best part is that all these themes and the associated updates will always be compatible with the latest WordPress version.
- Premium themes always come with the added advantage of 24×7 help and support whenever the website owner might have a requirement. First-time website owners always face issues and troubles when installing a new theme or designing their first website. During such issues and troubles, professional designers will always be there to eld a helping hand in terms of solving such issues.
- When you use premium WordPress themes, customising said themes becomes a whole lot easier. Usually, when using free themes, customizations require a lot of coding skills to even change the font colour. But no such hassle is involved with the premium ones. When you use premium themes, you can choose from the many settings in the custom theme option that accompanies every premium theme, and make any and every change as per your specification, without having to know one single line of coding.
- The one and only disadvantage of premium WordPress themes is that they are not free. Website owners have to pay a certain amount for premium themes, the price depending on the type they choose. But when you look at the flexibility and features associated with the paid themes, the price does not seem to be too high.