Can you recall the time when your parents would tell you not watch the television by sitting too close to it? They would warn us that screen would harm our eyes and when the mobile phones came, everyone said that the radiation from them would damage our brain cells. Now, with the new technologies coming up every day, things are no different. We spend more time sitting in the chair than moving around for work. This sedentary lifestyle is causing a chaos in our life. But hey! What if I tell you that technology is benign to our health?
With the improvement in technology, people prefer online doctor consultation which enables them to book an appointment from the comfort of their home.
Let’s unfold how technology is leaving a positive impact on all of us and why it is flourishing in the long run.
1. Pushes your physical limits: With the health apps like Fitbit, pedometers and other apps that track our steps and enable us to meet the daily objectives. You can try to set a goal to walk at least 10,000 steps in a day, it might seem impossible in the beginning but once the routine is set you can push your limits. Walking and exercising has been proved beneficial for our health. The cardiovascular benefits of walking are persuasive; as it reduces the risk factors associated with cardiac arrest such as cholesterol, diabetes and obesity. Walking and other forms of exercise help us protect against dementia, depression and colon cancer.
2. Home security systems: Our homes where we live should be a convenient and safe environment. Therefore, it is recommended to install home security systems. Installing a home security system can be costly, but not installing one can incur a huge cost on your safety. The safety within the home with the home security systems provides a peace of mind. A home without the security systems are 2.7 times more exposed to be targeted by the thieves. It can even protect you and your family with enough warning to get a safe location outside your residence. The emergency alarms, as well as the response options, enable the police to reach the spot at the time of emergency.
The feeling that your loved ones and belongings are safe gives you a peace of mind. Don’t you want one?
3. Access to healthcare facilities: With the emergence of telehealth and telemedicine, more than 70% of health experts use them to connect with patients in remote areas.
While looking for experienced doctors, booking appointments online can be done right through the mobile application that saves your time and energy. This gives you convenience when you are suffering from a chronic disease or illness. It simply saves energy and time that would have been lost while traveling to and fro from the hospital to get an appointment. This is not only convenient but also cost-effective.
4. Easier conversations: The technology not only provides endless opportunities for children but also makes life easier for both parents and children. Technology is enabling the parents to have conversations with their children. Topics that were hard to discuss have been made easier with the help videos and resources. This can even bring family members closer.
5. Apps that can fuel up your productivity: The significance of technology and personal health extends the healthcare facilities to millions of people. These mobile apps help in improving your productivity if you are suffering from chronic diseases and helps you in managing your condition in an effective manner. These health apps track your daily steps and sync it with the devices and display your body fat. Apps like RunKeeper tracks daily steps and provides an insight based on your performance. While other apps like MyFitnessPal and ShopWell tracks eating habits and helps you in buying the right food according to the nutrients.
6. It can improve workplace health: In the current scenario, technology has been introduced to every facet of the business. It is impossible to perform a task without the internet and everybody uses multiple devices to complete their tasks. With the mental health that is becoming a suppressing issue in the business world, giving employees the ability to monitor their health is the best way to promote a healthy organizational culture.
Wearing wearable to work comes with many benefits as it enables the employees to be aware of their behaviors. This makes them attentive to their daily activities. The average increase in productivity by wearing a time tracking device is 8.5%.
7. Better treatment options for various diseases: In recent years, technological advancements have brought some significant changes in the healthcare sector. Vaccination and other medical advances have eradicated diseases such as smallpox and polio. Technology has enabled scientists to do research without the use of human and animal testing. It can be noticed how HIV treatments have changed since the disease was originated in the 1980s. It is now possible that the virus does not need to develop into AIDS. While some of the treatments are there to keep the body working until a cure is possible. Doctors can now perform surgeries that were not possible earlier and they can now treat conditions before the conditions advance too far.
Technology has helped in improving the prediction process of a diagnosis. Doctors have all the information and can see all symptoms simultaneously.
8. The emergence of digital fitness technology: With the smart watches not gaining much popularity, the attention is turning towards wearable, such as GPS trackers and heart-rate monitors. Running apps like Runkeeper are most common in the age group of 25-34-year-olds. Majority of people believe that using fitness technology has lead to a change in their health and fitness behavior. With the help of fitness technology, people believe it motivates them to exercise regularly. This technology encourages them to use stairs instead of using a lift and walk instead of using a vehicle or transport.
Online doctor consultation enables the patient to book appointments online who cannot travel long distance. This method is both convenient and cost-effective. With this facility, patients can choose where and when to get a consultation.