You walked past the supermall this evening and saw a beautiful sofa set while window shopping. Or is that while you were scrolling down the feed in the middle of the night, all rolled up lazily and saw the latest bed designs and sofa cum b2ed designs online. But before you sit upright and click on the ‘buy’ option or go straightaway into the shop and carry it to the cash register, hold on a bit. Options making you crazy, this is soft that is classy, this is cheap but that is sassy. Well then don’t be so puzzled. Here are a few tips and tricks which will make your work simplified and will surely pay off.
- Get started with a measuring tape: You don’t want to end up buying too big a sofa set that you keep dashing into it time and again, neither too small that despite is a sofa, you need to search for more chairs and rethink over the sitting arrangement during casual family gatherings or when your friends are hanging out Saturday night. Determine the height and width. Decide the corner for the newcomer.
- Identify your life choices to make the correct choice: Are you a gossipmonger and social addict? Do you like to throw parties regularly then what would be better than an L-Shaped couch to make up more space for all your friends? Or do you love being a couch potato, watching late night shows? Do you mostly work till wee hours and the bed seems too far so you decide to nap there and wake up on the sofa? Then bed cum sofa is your savior and is the middle path. Amazing bed designs and sofa cum bed designs are available a click away.
- Fabric Frazzle: Natural or synthetic but the leather looks appealing? Here is a quick trivia, Natural fibres are known for durability and comfort but can be spoilt with moisture and excessive sunlight. Leather is desirable because it is classy but is very difficult to repair. Synthetic fibres are favourable because of their stain and claw mark resistance. An advisable fabric will be a blend of both natural and synthetic which will be comfortable and durable for years to come. Make sure it is easier to clean the fabric and is dark to make stains less prominent if any.
- Shapes and features: Decide if you want a traditional or modern living room. Make sure the sofa you buy must have a comfortable back so you can relax well at the end of a tiring day. It ought to have enough space to make room for your legs so you do not have to curl up but can easily stretch and flex. An armrest at a desirable height adds up to further comfort. Choose a set with durable framework worth the money. It must be firm yet comfy. Stand-alone or sectional sofa, or one with secret cabinets are all viable options.
- Accentuate with Cushions: Cushions can very well synchronize the overall look of a living room. Choose lighter shades for a dark colour sofa, or break the monochrome reign with bright patterns and prints. Make sure the cushion adds to the softness and a mix of foam and feather or polyester is advisable.
Go ahead and use these before giving your home a professional look with a personalized touch. Try and experiment with your curiosity.