Samsung Odin is a tool for recovering or restoring a Samsung device by installing a new ROM if your device is not working correctly. It helps in flashing ROMs on Samsung Android mobile phones or tablets to get back the factory version of the operating system. You can use Odin tool with almost all Samsung smartphones including Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy S8, and other series.
In this article, we will be giving you a brief introduction on Odin tool, requirements for using the Odin tool, and an installation guide after you download Odin.
You can download Odin tool from its official website. Odin can be used for flashing custom ROMs on Samsung smartphones. Installation of such ROMs requires Root access and several other devices. These custom ROMs are made upon original OTA firmware created by Samsung. It is generally used for updating existing firmware software, and essential Kernel integrated updates on Samsung devices. The tools come in handy when one has to back up the phone real quick before doing the factory reset or if the device is lost./damaged.
Requirements for using Odin tool:
Here are the conditions for a person to use the Odin tool as follows :
● Make sure you have the latest version of USB Drivers provided by Samsung.
● Windows PC is required to install and run the process using Odin.
● USB Cable depending on your phone charging port, Type C or Micro USB.
● ADB and Fastboot tools according to your device model and Android version.
Installation Guide after you download Odin
Note: Using Odin tool can further damage your device if you do not follow the correct steps or if you use any wrong application. Please make sure to get a full backup of your device before proceeding forward.
Here is the process of installing the tool after downloading the same as follows :
● Take a complete backup of your Android device.
● Download Odin from its official website where you’ll get the latest version.
● Install the latest available USB Drivers provided by Samsung.
● Install the downloaded Odin on your Windows PC.
● Find and download the official or Custom ROM which is compatible with your device.
● Get the correct ADB and Fastboot tools according to your device for rooting and flashing purposes.
That’s it from us on the part of a guide on the installation of Odin tool after downloading it via their official website or any other trusted third party website.
Odin is a great tool which helps you in recovering your Samsung device to its factory settings. You can use it for installing custom ROMs or doing firmware updates which Samsung is not providing. Using this tool comes with a risk of further damaging your device so make sure you follow the correct guide and download the correct versions.
The post is in no way sponsored by Odin tool or Samsung and their development tool respectively.