People today are so focused on the health of their organs that they forget to take care of their outer health. We pay attention to and take care of our face, body, but there’s one part that we tend to forget to look after our feet. Healthy feet are essential for mobility. Most of us walk approximately 100,000 miles in our lifetime. But you may notice that we forget to take care of them.
With feet being our primary source mobility, they can be severely affected if not taken care of properly. You could be affected by diseases like diabetes, nerve damage, poor blood circulation, arthritis, and more. Educating people about taking proper care of their feet is essential. With every step that we take, our bones, tendons, ligaments, and muscles are put to work. Just pedicures are not enough to keep looking healthy; there’s more care that needs to be taken.
What measures can one take to look after their feet?
- Shoes that fit: If you wear shoes that cause pain to your feet, they are not suitable for your feet at all. Shoes that are too tight can change the shape of your toes; blisters also can be caused.
- Try to keep switching up your shoes often. By giving your favorite pairs of shoes and off, you let your feet breathe as well as prevent your feet from getting infections.
- Women love high heels and as gorgeous as they may look, they are not good for your feet. If you’re still keen on wearing heels, pick ones that are of two inches.
- Wash your feet daily, and there is no argument about that. This has to be done every day without fail, with soap and preferably warm water.
- Like you slather moisturizer on your face, your feet need loving too. Moisturize your feet before bed to have soft, supple feet. Moisturizing and feet massage also gives circulation in the feet.
- Maintain good hygiene by trimming and filing toenails, corns, and calluses should be treated timely and from authorized places.
- Feet need exercise daily to stay healthy and reduce the risk of injury. Doing specific exercises for your feet is a good idea as this will improve your posture as well as resistance. For people who have jobs where they are sitting at work all day, this is very necessary for you to do. Because they get very minimal exercise, you need to make at least half an hour for walking and exercising.
These were just a few simple tips and tricks to maintain excellent foot health care.
Why should Diabetic take special care of their feet?
Diabetic patients need special diabetic foot care services because of long periods of high blood sugar levels. Diabetic neuropathy and peripheral vascular disease are both severe problems that occur in patients.
- Diabetic neuropathy: Over the years, diabetes can cause nerve damage that leads to numbness in the feet. This makes it difficult for the patient with diabetes to feel irritation, soreness, or infection on the feet. This also leads to an increased risk of cuts, sores, and blisters. Diabetic foot care services are needed to treat an infection, ulcers, or gangrene can develop.
- Peripheral vascular disease: Diabetes leads to changes in the blood vessels, including arteries. In PVD, fat is deposited, which blocks vessels of other parts too, apart from the brain and heart. It reduces blood flow to both hands and legs. Reduction in blood flow can lead to pain, infection, and wounds that heal slowly.
For both these problems, worse case scenarios, amputation might be needed, which is why to avoid amputation take care of your feet by availing diabetic foot care services.
Leave a Reply