While synchronizing your Hotmail account in Outlook using the Outlook Hotmail Connector, you may receive the following error in the Send/Receive dialog:
“Task ‘<Hotmail account>’ reported error (0x8004102A) : ‘Error with Send/Receive’.”
Mentioned below are some solutions to the problem:
Fix Outlook Hotmail Connector Error ‘0x8004102a’
Follow the provided steps to find out whether the issue is caused by a mail folder or the secondary calendar folder bug:
- At first open the Microsoft Outlook profile which includes the Outlook Hotmail Connector account.
- In order to View All Folders tap on the folder icon in the bottom left corner of Outlook.
- Go to the Folder list, and find the Outlook Hotmail Connector account’s folders and choose the Sync Issues subfolder.
- Carefully go through the most recent sync issue and look for the below mentioned lines:
‘Error Synchronizing Folder
Server Command: CHANGE
Server Id: 1a043616-0a1c-4464-95ab-3fdf0d5fd804
Folder Name: DeletedFolderName.’
- To find the name of the folder which causes this error search for the “Folder Name” listed under the Error.
- In case this folder survives as a mail folder in both Hotmail and Outlook, follow these steps:
- In order to determine which of the folder has the most current items look on Hotmail and in Microsoft Outlook.
- Next copy the folder and rename the copy to a temporary name.
- Perform a Send or Receive in Microsoft Outlook and make sure that the temporary folder is present both on the web and the client after sync. If a lot of items are there in the folder it may take a couple of synchronizations.
- Remove the original folder from Hotmail and in Microsoft Outlook.
- Complete another Send/Receive in Microsoft Outlook. You can see the error one last time.
- Lastly perform a Send/Receive up to five times – the original folder error should be fixed.
- In case the same error code continues, try to find any more folder names that are out of sync with the server in the Sync Issues folder and execute steps from 1 to 5 again.
- If you find any secondary calendar folder that no longer exists in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Use your internet browser to log in to your Hotmail account.
- Go to the Calendar page of your Hotmail account.
- Tick the calendar folder that is erased from Outlook but still exists on the web.
- Once the settings page for that calendar appears, select the Delete switch at the bottom of the settings.
- When the Windows Live Calendar page returns, make sure that the folder is no longer there in the calendar folder list.
- In Outlook, opt for the Send/Receive All Folders button in the Send/Receive tab or press F9 on the keyboard. Wait until Send/Receive is finished and then synchronize it again.
- Go to the Calendar module of Outlook and ensure the error calendar folder has not come in the folder list. The error should no longer present in Send/Receive Process.
- If the same error code continues, look at the Sync Issues folder again to find any more folder names that cause the same error.
- If it is a calendar folder perform steps 1 through 7 again.
- If it is a mail folder follow the second set of steps above.
Even after following the provided methods if you still are confused and if you need more help, you should go ahead and consult with the agents of hotmail customer support number.