The workplace can be a dangerous environment. EHS software is a platform that allows businesses to shield their employees from potential hazards while in the workplace. The platform makes it possible for organizations to comply with the current health and safety regulations. Any business appreciates the importance of maintaining a safe workplace. Thus, governments enforce various safety standards that companies must be fully compliant with.
What is EHS Software?
These regulations might change over the passing of time and companies might find it hard to keep up with the changes in compliance rules. Besides, it might be challenging to gauge the effectiveness of the regulations. So how can organizations address these and many other challenges? The answer lies in the use of EHS software which stands for environmental, health and software platforms. This is a system which aid businesses reduce possible risks that are common within its operations. Most companies use this platform to stay updated in current industry rules, prevent accidents from occurring, and improve manufacturing efficiency. Additionally, the tools available on the platform allows a company to track insurance policies create corrective measures for its operations and take note of any incidences.
The use of EHS software allows an organization to remain compliant with the latest industry regulations. It also provides a company with various channels to improve on other aspects of the business.
Advantages of the Software
- Encourages sustainability: when a company implements sustainable practice for its business, it promotes a better corporate culture and can, therefore, focus more on the manufacture of reliable products. This, in turn, secures long-term profitability. The use of EHS software platform makes it easy for a business to quickly detect and prevent the risks that come with daily operations, making a business more sustainable.
- Boost employee morale: employees also care about the sustainability efforts of the company they are working for. Their morale is boosted when they know their employer makes a concerted effort to lessen their impact on the environment.
- Secures customer loyalty: the staff members are not the only ones who need to observe safety rules at the workplace. Such safety regulations also have an impact on customers. Customers are more pleased when they know the safety of employees in a company is assured. This, in turn, helps a business secure customer loyalty.
- Increase profit margin: the EHS platform implements programs for employees and these health and safety programs can significantly reduce the rate of accidents and injury at the workplace. Minimized incidences of injury can increase the profit margin and boost the chances of maintaining a good profit.
- Boost employee productivity: the automation of the data collection process through EHS software lets a company yield more results and makes it possible for managers to focus on other important aspects of the business. There is a quick response to new standards and regulations once introduced.
- Ensures compliance with regulations: governmental regulations can change any time. In order for a company to stay updated on such changes, an EHS platform allows a company to stay updated on the current safety standards as well as collect data report.
Types of Software
There are types of EHS systems that have specific uses such as:
- Compliance Management: this is the most common type of platform that deals specifically with industry regulations. It helps a company stay updated on the different changes to compliance measures. It also allows for easy streamlining of log reports and collection of data.
- Waste Management: this platform monitors the management, transport, and disposal of waste in a company. This ensures that trash is disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Program Management: human error is something that all large companies have to deal with when it comes to collecting reports. This type of EHS platform reduces such incidences and helps real-time tracking of EHS metrics. This, therefore, results in the accurate generation of reports. Tasks that are normally time-consuming are performed speedily.
- Chemical Inventory Management: a business that uses different materials and substances is exposed to the risk of life-threatening repercussions in case of the slightest error during the mix-up the process. This tool enables a company to monitor the storage and use of dangerous chemicals and this ensures there is no violation of safety rules. It also ensures the safety of employees working in such a firm.
Buying Factors to Consider
Even though a company may have a concrete idea of what they want in an EHS system, there are other aspects of software that should not be overlooked apart from quality and affordability. Look for a reasonable price when choosing a platform that offers everything in one package.
A company would also do well to look at the track record of a vendor and this includes certifications, awards or any recognition. This makes it easy to gauge the credibility and reliability of a vendor. Reviews of other users also shed more light regarding a vendor’s products and services.
A company should also choose a software platform that can adapt to whatever situation that might arise. A small business may need to expand its services in the future. A corporation might want to venture into other industries. All these changes call for a scalable platform that can suit each changing situation. Therefore a business does not need to buy new software each time it wants to make changes to its operations.
Reliable technical support is also an important feature to look out for when investing in software. Technical difficulties are bound to occur no matter how advanced a software platform is. Look for a vendor that offers reliable customer support. This may come in form of live chat, email support, video tutorials, phone support or a combination of all these. A company does not have to guess how to go about a technical hitch after investing in a software platform simply because the customer support team is unreachable. Poor customer care reflects a bad image of the vendor.