We have become hugely dependent on computers for both our personal and professional life. Even a small problem could result in significant delay in the daily routine. If you regularly make use of your system to play computer games, you must have encountered error messages while running a particular game.
One of the common error messages that keep popping up on most of the systems is that of d3dx9_42.dll not found, or the file is missing. The primary cause of this error message is that the data can get removed very easily when the system is run under anti-virus scan. The file can also get deleted manually by the user, and in such cases, the application dependent on the file could fail to run.
Many people think that the d3dx9_42.dll missing problem only depicts a problem with the DirectX however d3dx9_42.dll is part of many critical processes of a system. The d3dx9_42.dll missing may cause one of your hardware components to malfunction, and this could further affect the overall performance of your system. It is very much recommended to fix the problem at the earliest so that more damage to the system can be avoided.
Below are some of the ways by which you can quickly resolve the d3dx9_42.dll error message-
● The d3dx9_42.dll error message is mostly caused when your direct exposure is not up to date or does not match the requirements of the game which you are trying to run. Upgrading your direct x would help in resolving the problem.
● Reinstall the game in which the message is populated but remember that this would result in loss of data and you could end up losing the progress that you have made in the game.
● In case you have made significant progress, and you do not want to miss it then the other alternative is to look for the missing file from the internet.
● There are various websites from which you can easily download d3dx9_42.dll files but remember that you should only download from a reliable source. A lot of such data can contain Malware that can affect the performance of your system.
● Sometimes this error message is also called when your video card or your graphics component is not up to date. Updating your drivers could help in solving the problem.
● If downloading individual file is not solving your problem then you can also try to extract the files from the DirectX software package.
Before you try any of the above methods, it is essential to have a good understanding of the system and how to perform the steps correctly. Take a backup of your system in case something goes wrong and be careful before you download any file from the internet as many websites are not reliable.
If you are not sure then to take help from experts and collect as much information as possible. They are from a reliable service provider that can help you fix the problem at a reasonable cost.