If you are into live streaming, you might have come across a live streaming video link in the m3u8 format. Ever wondered how you would be able to play the files on your computer? Most of the media players you have tried will not be able to play the file format. This is exactly what we noticed and thought of sharing with you one of the best m3u8 players. So, what are you waiting for? Lets us check out the most powerful option to play m3u8 files.
How to Play M3U8 Files on your Computer?
Have you heard of 5KPlayer? Well, if not – it is one of the formidable choices for playing almost any kind of media file with ease. In fact, it isn’t just a media player, but a mix of all the essential features you would be looking for when you access media.
The player packs in a host of capabilities and functions. It works as a free HD video player and doubles up as a music player, and a DLNA & AirPlay enabled media streamer as well. The player can also be used as a video downloader.
The M3U8 video streaming file is based on HTTP and consists of multiple playlists. They may include online files for the internet radio station, music playlist, or even a list of videos. You can open any M3U8 file using a text editor and find the list of video and audio files included. Normal media players may not be able to play these media files. You will need a specialized app that can decode the file content.
How to use 5KPlayer to play M3U8 files?
Like we stated before, 5KPlayer comes with the best features for your media access. What makes it one of the prime choices is it can also be your best free M3U8 Player. So how will we use it as m3U8 stream player? Here are the steps involved –
- Download and install 5KPlayer.
- You can either download the M3U8 file onto your computer and then play it or play it directly from the player interface.
If you want to download the video file, follow these steps
- Launch 5KPlayer and click on the YouTube icon on the interface.
- You will have access to the download option.
- Paste your link and download the video file.
- You should now find the video in the Videos list.
- Click on it, and 5KPlayer will play it.
In case, you want to play it directly without downloading; you may follow the steps here below –
- On the 5KPlayer User interface, click on the Live option.
- Input the URL you have received for the M3U8 file.
- Click on Play and wait a moment for 5KPlayer to read the link.
- Your 5KPlayer will begin playing the video.
Well, a valid question. First and foremost, it is a hardware accelerated option for playing your videos, and that is exactly what should make it one of the excellent options to access all your media requirements. If you are looking for a one stop solution for all your media access needs, it should be the ideal option for you.
The player also offers you a video download option to work across several video sharing sites. Some of the sites supported include Facebook, Yahoo, DailyMotion, Vimeo, Vevo, Metacafe, Myspace, Vine, UStream, MTV, Instagram, and Bliptv.