Call Logs play an important role in your day to day communications through your smartphone. They provide complete information on the calls made through your phone. In fact, they can also be helpful in getting a host of information in the form of the contact name or number, time of the call and duration so that you can call the contact back, send a message, or backup or print the log. You can also use this call history to discover which calls were made, received or missed. Are you looking for an option to back up these call logs? This article provides information on how to backup your Android Phone Call logs, from the phone, and by connecting your phone to your PC.
The easiest way to backup your Android phone call logs is to use the free Transfer Companion App, available on the Google Play, which enables you to send a record of your call logs on email.
A more comprehensive tool for Android phone call backup is Droid Transfer,which is generic Android File management tool providing a wide range of useful functions from backup of Android phone files on a PC, to transferring the content from one on your Android devices to a compatible device. In fact, the tool can be equally helpful in transferring data such as your Android phone messages and call logs to your PC or another Android device. It is a great option to use when you are upgrading your device.
How To Backup Android Call Logs using the Transfer Companion App
Here is how you can make a backup of your Android Call Logs.
- Install the Transfer Companion app on your Android device.
- Once the companion app is installed on your phone, launch it.
- Choose the option that says Send Call Logs to Email.
- You will then be shown a list of your call logs. You can choose to backup All Calls or select only those logs you are interested in.
- Tap Share.
- On the next page, enter the email address to which you would like to send the call log to.
- Tap Send
That’s it! You have successfully backed up your call logs to your email address.
Backup Call Logs as a HTML or PDF file using Droid Transfer
Droid Transfer also lets you backup your Android call logs in the form of a PDF or HTML document. While the above method only needs the Transfer Companion app installed on your phone, backing up call logs (as well as other data) as a PDF file requires the Droid Transfer application to be running on your PC.
Here is what you need to do –
- Connect the Transfer Companion App with Droid Transfer
- Once the connection is established, go to the Call Logs option.
- Choose the logs you want to backup.
- If you want to save the backup file as PDF, click on Save As PDF.
- Follow the instructions and your file will be saved.
- If instead you want to back up the file as HTML, choose Copy Call Logs. Follow the instructions to save the HTML file.
Additionally, Droid Transfer offers you a Print function so that you can get the call logs printed. Just choose the Print option after choosing your preferred call logs.
The Parting Thoughts
Wasn’t that a wonderful and simple method to back up your call logs? In fact, there are several tools that would help you out with the file management and transfer between your Android and other devices, but most of them struggle with Android Messages and call logs. Droid Transfer is a capable software utility that would help you achieve your goals through a few simple steps.