SOCK is an abbreviation for Socket Secure. It is an internet protocol which is responsible for the exchange of packets between the client and the server through a proxy server. It proxies TCP connection to arbitrary IP address and also provides a means for UDP packets to be forwarded. It is responsible for exchanging packets on a network that are being sent and received between client and server. It is a medium to avoid possible security issues.
Benefits of using sock proxy
• Your actual IP address will always be hidden. And If you use socks, specifically when you use a socks residential IP connection , along with VPN, then it makes a perfect combination. TCP and UDP protocols continue to guard our information and data until the VPN reconnects.
• The sock is an all-rounder proxy server. You will stay protected with this, and every time you will have a different IP regardless of whatever you choose to do on the internet. It remains unaffected by the type of data transmission that is currently happening in your connection.
• Usually, the sock proxy servers are remote servers, so they grant you with IP addresses that will provide you access to all kinds of websites. Many sites on the internet are blocked therefore preventing access to the users. This is one such important issue which we can overcome using sock proxy server.
• It doesn’t just focus on HTTP protocol like the traditional proxy servers. In conventional proxy servers, the user is only allowed to visit web pages and surf the internet but at the same time, remain exposed while other kinds of data transmission are happening in your connection. This can be overcome by the sock proxy server.
• It provides excellent security features. The sock proxy enhances our security level which is flawed due to the mislabelling of data packets. The traditional proxies have a habit of rewriting the header of the data packets. This leads to decrease in the performance level of the proxies. The sock proxy thereby overcomes this feature. Sock proxy does not rewrite header of the data packets since such kind of security is not needed.
• Sock proxy provides a tremendous downloading and uploading speed especially while when transmitting data via torrents or P2P services. This enables users to connect in swarms. It is responsible for full implementation of UDP. It enhances the performance apart from increased speed. In case of a P2P process, the P2P process will stop thus preventing the exposition of your real IP address.
• It is a combination of TCP and UDP protocol. It makes the data transmission fast and reliable. It adds the function of both the protocols and hence decreasing the complications of data transmission. It makes the ultimate transmission of data between the client and the server easy, fast and secure. It increases the reliability of the connection.
Lastly, to sum up, while using the internet there may be many restrictions which may interfere with your way while surfing the web. Therefore, using a sock proxy will help you have a smooth and uninterrupted experience while surfing the internet.