As digital marketing becomes an all-important part of nearly every business today, it’s important that you find a way to elevate yourself from your competition to really stand out in the minds of your customers. Video marketing is a powerful medium to help you enhance your digital strategy and reach out to more customers in a more meaningful manner. While it may seem overwhelming, digital marketing can draw a lot of benefits from videos. Here are a few benefits video can bring to your digital marketing strategy:
Videos Elicit Greater Trust From Customers
According to SEO Shark – the leading digital marketing agency in Sydney, you cannot afford to underestimate the power of the visual medium, which makes it clear that videos can elicit greater trust from customers than heavy text. Consider the following:
- Video production costs are higher so fly-by-night operators may not invest the time and money.
- Videos generate greater visual impact and can convert prospects into customers more easily.
- Videos have higher brand recall so customers feel more confident in their purchasing decisions.
- Videos are more compelling than reading and can narrate more specific points quicker.
- Videos deliver information in an easier manner for people to process.
A high quality video on your website or an online post can have a direct impact on your conversion rate, which is why this is becoming a vital part of a successful digital marketing strategy.
Videos Improve Conversion Rates
The compelling nature of videos makes them a ‘more fun’ prospect for customers to enjoy, which is why they can also result in higher conversion rates for brands. Consider the following:
- Videos get users to stay longer on your web page.
- Customers are more likely to click through more links on your web page once the video is over which increases engagement.
- Videos can get users to follow your call-to-actions more easily.
- Videos allow you to stay on point and on brand, which helps to create loyal customers and greater conversion rates.
People often prefer to watch short videos than reading long texts. While text must always be available for those that want it, videos are well known to improve conversion rates because customers stay on your web pages for longer.
Videos Improve SEO Rankings
Search engines are well aware of how much users like videos and are likely to reward websites that offer them. Consider the following:
- High-quality videos build website authority and can help a web page outrank others.
- Search engines track how long users are on the website and will reward it with a higher ranking – videos keep users on the website for longer.
- Videos increase the chances of other page click throughs for more engagement.
- Video enables greater brand awareness and SEO rankings.
Search engines track the number of pages visited by a user along with traffic flow once the video is watched and will reward websites with higher engagement and more page views.
Videos Enhance Mobile Engagement
Since most people are on their mobiles these days, videos can actually help websites optimise their offerings to users via this platform. Consider the following:
- Most people use smart phones to search for almost everything – including videos.
- Videos that work with or without any audio work best for people who don’t want to play something too loud.
- Product demos and introductions via mobile can elicit quick buys for new offerings.
Since almost everyone has a smart phone these days, it’s a fact that people use this platform to make purchasing decisions. Videos must be designed to suit the specs of different devices like smart phones, tablets and laptops for optimum viewing on each of them.
Video Teaches You About Customers
You can learn a tremendous amount of information about your target audience by measuring the way they view videos that have tremendous amounts of data. Consider the following:
- You can track the amount of video watched – what is skipped and what is watched again.
- You will learn what topics are most interesting to your readers.
- You will learn how customers are relating to your videos and how their behaviour is afterward.
Learning more about your customers allows you to create products and services that match their needs betters.
Videos need to be fast paced in order to be successful with users today. They need to grab attention in the shortest timeframe to prevent people from feeling bored and distracted. Compelling videos that showcase everything a brand has to offer will enable greater digital marketing success in the long haul.