Motivation can be hard to find and keep a hold of. What is motivation exactly? Its described as the experience or desire to reach something you want. Motivation is an objective aspect, such as a goal you are aspiring to reach, and an internal or subject element, such as something that you want.
People seem to get into a routine of continuously doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results. This repeat pattern is a sure way to lose any motivation and why it would be hard to find it again.
When actions become repetitive, you lose the desire to want to work towards your goals. Reasons why you might find it challenging to be motivated, are:
- Inconsistent belief system – if you try to motivate yourself but fail, it could be because motivation has a lot to do with your belief system.
- Feeling overwhelmed – feeling overwhelmed can make people want to procrastinate, and they are less likely to try and achieve their goals.
- Focusing on multitasking – trying to multitask will throw you off your plan and make you lose motivation.
- Getting too complacent – when you get too comfortable in jobs your doing, you become complacent, and it is difficult to get motivated.
- Stuck in a slump – when you are stuck in a slump mood, such as being frustrated or disappointed, it is hard to stay motivated to reach your goals.
- Getting distracted – not being able to focus and getting distracted can cause you to lose your motivation.
- Low energy – having low energy, both mentally and physically, can easily unmotivated you and push you off track quickly.
To find your motivation again, you need to develop better habits that help sustain your action and consistency in what activities and work you are doing.
Move Out of Your Comfort Zone
To find your motivation, you need to try and challenge yourself. An excellent way to challenge yourself is by getting out of your comfort zone. Here’s some things to try:
- Try new restaurants
- Read at least one book a month
- Try something you would never do before, such as touring a museum, or volunteering
- Travel to new countries
- Teach yourself a new hobby, like baking, painting, sewing or dance
- Join sports teams
- Do something that scares you, such as public speaking, joining a club, etc.
Don’t get too comfortable in your routine. Shake it up to help you find the motivation your need to reach your goals. To understand your motivation, you need to understand yourself and what is important to you, and what your motivators are, like your family, getting a raise, etc.
You can try and find and stay motivated by finding support and thinking positively every day to keep you out of a slumped mood. Break down big tasks into smaller tasks to help complete them and celebrate each time you complete a duty to help keep you motivated.
Give Your Goal Meaning
Help find your motivation by giving your goal meaning. Your meaning is the reason behind why you want to achieve what you want. Is it passion? Or do you want to serve others? Do you want to make your family proud? Your meaning breathes life into your goal and helps you find the motivation to complete your tasks. Ask yourself important questions about why you are doing what you are doing and why you want to achieve this specific goal?
It is normal to lose motivation for life, work, and everyday tasks. If you don’t try and find your motivation and get back on track, being unmotivated can become a bad habit. Motivation will come and go depending on the situation you are in. Still, you need to remember to keep your positivity, and the more exceptional picture of what you are trying to accomplish. You will have to weather some storms, but if you are prepared to do so, you can find your motivation again when you lose it.
Leave a Reply