A proxy server is a special means of communication that acts as an intermediary between the device and the global Internet. The main feature of a proxy server is that it eliminates the need for direct communication between target servers and users when the server starts receiving requests. You can take a glance at personal proxies on the https://proxy-seller.com/ web site to search out a lot of specific info concerning it, we are going to take a glance at this feature of “Internet connection” shortly.
The main advantages of a proxy server
The main advantages of a proxy server include the following points:
- safety, as well as anonymity of surfing the Web;
- data caching;
- administration from the providers’ side;
- geolocation testing (this means the option to check the desired geolocation of the proxy by managers before purchasing exact IP);
- hiding the IP address;
- proxy servers ar supported by absolutely the majority of well-known net browsers;
- the ability to figure with lowest rights on any operational system;
- the lack of access to the net mistreatment alternative protocols considerably will increase the safety of data exchange within the company network.
Caching can significantly speed up user traffic, and the user cannot be found by his IP address. So, for example, if a user opens a site through a proxy, this page will be given to him in the cache, which is twice as fast, since at that moment the bandwidth in a wider version will be connected. Let’s assume that a user has visited a specific site and needs to wait 15 seconds to load the first page. If a user tries to access this site through a proxy, the server will give him the pages in the cache. This means that it will wait only 7-9 seconds for the first page to load completely, as the higher bandwidth is connected. Web content in general will be significantly effective.
Administration is a useful option that is necessary in cases where several users need to simultaneously access the Internet through a single proxy server. Thanks to the administration, firewalls can be easily configured and sites such as social networks, gambling resources, etc. are blocked for users. It is very convenient to use in large enterprises. Content filtering is one of the most useful and demanded functions of a proxy server.
User geolocation testing is another advantageous property of proxy servers. There are special technologies that can be used to calculate geographic location. This may be necessary when the user needs to receive information relating only to him. To do this, you need to know where he is.
A proxy server can help hide your actual IP address, ensuring that the server running the target website cannot find your physical location. However, in certain situations in some organizations, the server can also prevent a person from accessing certain websites. When used in these cases, a proxy server is useful as it allows you to visit and access a website without any identification of your IP address. On a broader scale, there are countries that block their residents’ access to certain websites or online content. Using a reliable proxy server, you can easily confuse the filter and access information on the Internet, plus you can use mobile proxies as well.
Why and who needs a proxy
Today, proxy servers are used primarily to hide the main IP address. There may be several reasons for this. The most popular ones are the desire to visit a site that is blocked for your IP, and the need to send mail anonymously. There are several more reasons when you need a proxy:
- protection of a network or local computer from certain types of network attacks and the need to protect confidential information;
- restricting user access to certain types of web resources. It is practiced in companies to prevent waste of time by employees;
- the desire to connect several computers to the Internet with the same IP address. Settings can be made in such a way that information about local machines will be hidden from external machines, the displayed one will be the intermediary;
- the need to save consumed traffic – the information received from the Web will be transmitted to the user in a compact form;
- the need to reduce the load on the Internet channel and provide customers with prompt access to information. For such cases, files are cached and then stored on a proxy server.
Despite the increasing popularity of certain network protocols, proxy servers continue to dominate in companies and offices. This is despite the emergence of relatively inexpensive hardware routers with NAT functionality. This is mainly due to the fact that the above routers are not able to provide sufficient control over Internet access and content filtering.
Leave a Reply