Many families in India have a dream of buying a car and start saving money for the purchase. They aspire and desires which they want to fulfil so that they can live a secured future. It is essential to have security for all asset purchases such as property, cars, bikes, health, travel, and others. Since these are costly, it is the responsibility of the buyer to take good care of them and ensure they are in good condition.
While searching for car insurance in India, all owners must understand their requirements and demands. They must choose a plan that covers most of them and gives complete protection to the automobile. Following are the types of insurance policies available for cars in India:
- Liability motor insurance: It covers the damage caused to personal four-wheeler due to accidents, theft, fire, explosions, riots, strikes, earthquakes, floods, etc. But there are other circumstances that it does not cover, like injuries to passengers, damage to third-party vehicle or property, mechanical and electrical breakdown, consequential loss, etc.
- Third-party motor insurance: As per the Indian law, no driver has the permission to drive on Indian roads without this motor insurance policy. It also protects other passengers seated in the four-wheeler and covers the injuries of every member, including vehicle damage to the third party.
While these two policies cover most of the expenses, those buying for car insurance online can also get the benefit of choosing add-on covers to make their policies even safer. If there is still something to add in the budget, select these covers. Following is the list of the add-on covers available:
- Parts depreciation cover: Like every object in life, cars also have a lifespan. The value of their parts decreases with time, including the bumper, or any other metal or glass part. The cover ensures zero depreciation so that the owner gets the full value for the replacement or repair at the authorised workshop.
- Consumable cover: It covers the costs for replacing screws, engine oil, nuts, bolts, grease, and others. All the repair costs require a bill from the garage, or the company authorised to repair it.
- Engine and gearbox protection cover: If an accident causes damage to the engine of the four-wheeler, the standard package policy or the comprehensive policy covers it. It includes the block, child parts, gearbox, and transmission assembly replacement due to water seeping into the engine or leakage of lubricating oil due to accidental damage.
- Roadside assistance cover: In case the insured car breaks down, car owners can always buy car insurance online with a road assistance cover to ensure authentic repair services, assistance for lost car keys, changing of flat tyres, an arrangement of emergency fuel, and alternate transport assistance for passengers in the vehicle to the nearest safe location.
- Gap value cover: The company agrees to pay the difference amount between the amount received for personal damage and the price as per the purchase invoice. It also covers road tax and first-time registration charges if they receive payment for the premium.
With technology progressing each day, many insurance companies have also made their products and services available on websites and smartphones. Policyholders can access them from anywhere and at any time without any hassles. They can download the car insurance app such as LGI LivMobile App on the smartphones running on IOS and Android OS and buy or renew their policies using the smooth user interface they provide. They can also track their policy renewal and approval status using their smartphones.