If you are thinking about developing an app that will bring your business idea to life, you are on the right path. The number of app users is growing day by day. Therefore, finding an app developer will allow you to target your niche market specifically.
But there are millions of app developers globally, and hiring the right one is no easy feat. Given that the right hire is a make or break decision, it is only fair that you give the hiring process all you’ve got. Here is a comprehensive article explaining the four-step process of hiring an app expert developer.
In a nutshell, selecting an app developer involves researching, analyzing, interviewing, and hiring. Let’s get to it.
Research starts off the hiring process. This step splits into two.
First, you must gather data on whether the app will solve the business problem in question. This step involves tabling your business needs. It would be best if you answered questions such as:
- On what operating system will your app run?
- Do you need to hire an in-house development team or go with a freelancer developer?
- When is the development project’s deadline?
The other side of research involves gathering data on potential hires. By filtering app developers by geographical region, level of expertise, or pricing, you can narrow down your search. You can also do a quick Google search to find an app developer in your area. If you’re in New York for instance, typing “app developer NYC” will bring you results that highlight agencies and even profiles of individual app developers.
Analyze your candidates
The analysis step is set up by the research step. After settling on the list of candidates fitting your needs, it’s time to take a deeper look.
You can start by checking online reviews about potential hires. Of course, you must check the candidate’s social media reviews as well as their website. When settling on a particular candidate, you should answer questions such as:
- What are the developer’s areas of specialization?
You might find developers that focus on specific markets. Undoubtedly, the developer you hire must have a grip on your area of business.
- How experienced are the developers?
You can review the candidate’s portfolio to get an insight into what they can do for you.
- In what technologies do the developers specialize?
There are tens of programming languages and frameworks for app development. Confirm that the developer’s specialty serves your needs.
- Does the candidate have a quality guarantee?
Be sure to check out what standards the developer uses. The last thing you want is an app built on out-of-date core codes.
The second step will narrow your potential candidate list to only a handful. A face to face meeting is not mandatory in this step. You can talk with developers online to ask questions like:
- What is the developers’ System Development Life Cycle, and how adaptable is it to your particular needs?
- Are the developers working on other projects?
- Will the developers complete your project within the timeframe you give them?
- How much will they charge to develop your app?
- How secure are their services? Will they sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement?
- How flexible are the developers? Can they adjust their development speed if you shorten the deadline?
- Do the developers offer maintenance services after development?
As you can see, there are a ton of queries to launch on the candidate, as this is the most crucial step. Remember to note other vital qualities, such as the quality of the customer care and how well the developer can communicate.
The answers from the third step will most definitely land you the best app developer(s) for your project. After deciding on who to hire, be sure to sign a written contract whose terms you understand. Good luck in getting the expert help you deserve!