You can sync and access the data on both Apple devices when you connect them with a single Apple ID. However, there may be situations when you’ll want to know how to break the connection between two iPhones.
However, you don’t want the data synchronization to continue after you switch to a new device or for other reasons. Then you must disconnect the iPhones. How can iPhones be unlinked from a single Apple ID is the query.
We will address your query, “How do I unlink two iPhones using the same Apple ID?” in this article. Furthermore, none of the three techniques you can employ require technical expertise and are simple to follow. Let’s check them out!
Remove your Apple ID from one of the devices as the first step in unlinking them. This is simple to accomplish using the iPhone’s settings. Your devices will become unconnected when the Apple ID is removed, and all of your data will stop synchronizing. The specified device will no longer show up in the list of connected devices for this particular Apple ID after this procedure.
The following steps describe how to delete the Apple ID from your iPhone:
- Select Settings, then tap the name of your device at the top of the screen.
- Locate the device you wish to unlink by scrolling down. The device’s name can be tapped.
- Tap the Remove from Account option on the following screen. You must then hit the Remove button once more in the next popup box.
- You can delink the device by following the instructions on the screen, entering your Apple ID password, and turning off Locate My iPhone.
Remove iPhones from iCloud:
The iCloud website also allows you to unlink iPhones in a similar manner. Any browser can be used to quickly visit the website, and you can unlink any device you like.
The steps to finish this are as follows:
- Your device should be turned off and in offline mode when you start.
- Navigate to iCloud.com then go to Find iPhone and then All Devices.
- Select the device you want to unlink from the list of all your devices, where The Remove from Account button should be clicked.
- Enter your Apple ID, click Trust, and the verification process will be skipped.
- The iPhone of your choice will be disconnected from your account after a short period of time.
Disconnect iPhone using iTunes:
Your iPhones can also be unlinked via iTunes. You must utilize the computer application to finish this procedure.
The following are the steps to unlink your iPhone from iTunes:
- Open the program and log in using your Apple ID information.
- Select Account from the menu, and then select View My Account.
- To get a comprehensive list of all connected devices, select Manage Devices in the following step. Find the device you wish to delink, then click the Remove button next to it.
- Click the Done button once the procedure is finished, which should take a few seconds.
On a Mac, you may also carry out this action with the Finder application. It is exactly the same procedure as this.
It may be a good idea to delete any related data from the old iPhone before switching to a new one. Detaching iPhones from the same Apple ID is desirable in some circumstances.
Anytime you question “How to Unlink iPhones” you can accomplish it quickly by using one of these techniques.